It's official!

It's official!
David Stubbs Photography

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Do dogs forget potty training?

You know it's going to be a bad day when you immediately step in poop.

Enough said, right? (I bet you're thinking, "Thank God she didn't post a picture of it!)  As soon as I got up this morning, I stepped in the brown stuff...and to make it more annoying, my phone started ringing at the same time.  Who's calling me at 8 a.m.?

The weird thing is that our dog Buckeye, has always been VERY potty trained, and this just started a couple of weeks ago.  How can a dog be potty trained for 5 years, and then revert back to being a puppy?  Oddly enough, he just turned 5 yesterday.  You probably celebrated your 5 year old's birthday with a party.  I celebrated ours by spanking him and rubbing his nose in poo.  Maybe real kids are better?

The funny thing is, he poops in the bathroom.  Perhaps because daddy misses and hits the floor, Buckeye thinks it's okay too!

If anyone has any suggestions, I'm all ears.  Hopefully it's not my stepfather's advice, who always laughingly says, "Maybe you should just put him down."

2 comments:

  1. Is he sick? I thought Gracie forgot her potty training a couple of years ago when she kept peeing on the carpet, but she had a UTI. I yelled at her all morning because she wouldn't stop peeing ... I felt like such a bad mommmy :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe, I'm sure Gracie has forgiven you! I think Buckeye's feeling okay, but I'll keep that in mind.

    ReplyDelete