It's official!

It's official!
David Stubbs Photography

Monday, April 26, 2010

Is it stressful planning a wedding? Yep

Mike's cousin got married this weekend in Pennsylvania, but we couldn't go because he already had his Bachelor party planned, and let's face it, we need to spend more money traveling like we need more crap in our tiny apartment.  Mike's mother says the wedding was beautiful, but the bride had a few stressful moments such as her favorite flowers not arriving because of the Iceland volcano.  Huh? Who knew that event affected so much.

People keep asking me if I've had a panic moment yet, and fortunately I haven't.  The wedding invitation debacle was stressful and annoying, but I never panicked.

That is, until last night.

My girlfriends and I decided to have my Bachelorette party the first weekend in June.  I started calling hotels and looking on-line, and?  There is not a room to be found in the greater Chicago area.  What's going on?  Apparently, the world's largest oncology conference is that weekend, and therefore, it's the busiest weekend in the Windy City.  Ever.

The good news?  My single girlfriends might land a rich doctor.  The bad news?  There will be at least 10 of us crammed into my 660-square foot apartment.  (Drink!)

No comments:

Post a Comment