It's official!

It's official!
David Stubbs Photography

Saturday, April 24, 2010

Facebook Groups= Weird

If you're on Facebook, there's a good chance you've joined some "groups." They are a way for you to join with other people who share common interests or ideas, or perhaps you want to get something changed and show your support.

I'm in a few including "The Angela Buchman Fan Club" (She's the really hot meteorologist I worked with in Indy...I became a fan because she's as sweet as she is pretty, and that doesn't often happen in TV news.)  I'm also in, "I shook hands with a President of the United States"  (Bill Clinton-1993, and he totally winked at me too.)  And "Miss Wyoming Titleholders" (Yes, I'm totally living in the past with that one because those are my "glory days", a.k.a. the days without crow's feet or cellulite.)

This is what makes me laugh--there is now a group for every situation you can think of, and they are really detailed too.  Who needs to join these groups? 
* "I only check my voicemail to get rid of the little icon on the screen." (That's one reason...seeing if you missed an important phone call may be important too.)
* "If I could punch you without getting into trouble, believe me, I would."  (Ouch!)
Here's the strangest one... 
*  Dear Lord, this year you took my favorite actor, Patrick Swayze. You took my favorite actress, Farrah Fawcett.  You took my favorite singer, Michael Jackson.  I just wanted you let you know my favorite President is Barack Obama. AMEN. (I don't even know what to say to that.)

Here's the group I'm starting...please join!
* I lost a job during the recession so I moved to Chicago to be with my fiance.  I took a job in retail, I get 50% off, and now I have really darling clothes.  I need to dust and vacumn today...maybe I'll clean the bathroom too.  How am I already out of coffee creamer?  Ugh, I guess a grocery store errand is also in the works.  I hope my downstairs neighbor turns down his really loud Spanish musicAMEN.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh Jeannie! You always make me laugh but today you really out did yourself. Either I am really tired or you are just too funny today! Thanks for the belly laugh! Now I can start a group,
    "After reading my best friend from high school's blog tonight I laughed so hard I cried and wet my pants"
    {hugs}
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete