It's official!

It's official!
David Stubbs Photography

Thursday, April 29, 2010

We're going to the chapel....soon!


Here we are, just 65 days until the wedding!  After having to get on Xanax and find my "zen" place, I finally got our wedding invitations done.  Sure, some looked ghetto, some don't have the "M" on Michael or the "N" on Evanchan, and some say we're getting married in "Jackso" in instead of "Jackson."  But here's the thing, when you're making your own inviations and you get to 100+, you no longer care.  Some brides insist their invitations have deeply embossed roses on them, but me?  I just hope people are smart enough to read the invitations with several missing letters.  It's like a secret code!

The funny thing is, I actually wanted a small wedding, in fact, I even suggested we elope (yikes!)  My midwestern future mother-in-law looked at me like I had a third eyeball.  Mike also insisted we have a big wedding, and yet the other day, he casually said he now wishes we had decided to go smaller.

So here's the thing brides: You need to make the wedding exactly how you want, because your future hubby with have no role in the preparations.  Men really don't care if you berry colored tablecloths, square vase centerpieces, or a signature Huckleberry Margarita.  You will have to drag him to Men's Wearhouse on a Saturday with him complaining the whole way.  You'll have to politely remind him he needs to buy you a wedding band. 

But in the end, it will be so worth it when I'm enjoying our open bar and getting my groove on to some Miley Cyrus.  It will be a Party in the U.S.A.!

No comments:

Post a Comment