It's official!

It's official!
David Stubbs Photography

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Our priorities stink

What's the deal with how the media covers certain stories and practically ignores others?  Case in point: Tiger Woods is still headline news while Ben Roethlisberger is barely mentioned.  Did you know he's accused of raping a woman for the 2nd time? 

Today is was announced there's not enough evidence to charge him, but NFL commissioner Roger Goodell will decide whether or not to take action against the 28-year old.  Here's what I'm guessing will happen: Goodell will suspend Roethlisberger for 8 games, but it will be reduced to just a couple.  Wow, what a punishment.

This makes me mad.  As a country, we need to take a serious look at our priorities, and not let someone get a slap on the wrist simply because they can throw or dunk a ball.

Maybe I need to punish Roethlisberger like I punish my son, Buckeye (see previous blog entries).  I'll put a cone on him the wrong way so he can't walk or move.  Yeah, I like that.

1 comment:

  1. I like that too...what exactly would you put the cone on?

    ReplyDelete